He could have began his profession long ago in 1986 however there is not any signal of Kazuyoshi Miura slowing down but – the 51-year-old has signed a brand new contract with Jap aspect Yokohama FC.
The striker, who gained the ultimate of his 89 Japan caps some 19 years in the past, will now play within the Jap 2d department till a minimum of the age of 52 – an age he reaches subsequent month.
“I can no longer waste it for one minute, one 2d,” he mentioned.
“I feel that I wish to move head to head with soccer and move to day-to-day coaching with most energy.”
Miura used to be born in the similar month as Italy legend Roberto Baggio, who retired in 2004, and broke Stanley Matthews’ document because the oldest skilled to attain a purpose in 2017.
He failed to attain in 9 appearances within the 2018 season, which noticed Yokohama lose within the play-offs.
- In 1982, elderly simply 15, Miura left Japan to trip to Brazil to pursue his soccer dream. He used to be in the end signed via Santos, for whom he made his skilled debut in 1986 on the age of 19.
- Miura left Santos for Palmeiras later that very same yr. One in all his team-mates at Palmeiras used to be Mirandinha, who in 1987 was the primary Brazilian to play in English soccer after becoming a member of Newcastle United for £575,000.
- Miura used to be most sensible scorer and MVP of the inaugural Jap J.League season in 1993, seeing off superstar imports reminiscent of Gary Lineker and Zico to each accolades.
- His J.League exploits noticed him transform the primary Jap recipient of the Asian Participant of the Yr award in 1993.
- He made his Japan debut in 1990 and fired the rustic to their first ever Global Cup look in 1998 via scoring 14 objectives in qualifying. Alternatively, he used to be controversially unnoticed from the general squad for France and retired from world soccer two years later, having scored 55 objectives in 89 appearances.
- He has performed in Europe for Genoa and Dinamo Zagreb, profitable the Croatian league name with the latter in 1999.
- Joined present membership Yokohama FC as a 38-year-old in 2005. Has since revamped 250 league appearances for the membership.
To find all of the newest soccer transfers on our devoted web page.