Designing the easiest Lollipop? Strawberry and sherbert, and it will have to be the scale of my face, please.
However no, Google’s newest publish on its Authentic Android Weblog is much less about sweets-on-sticks and extra about Android Lollipop, the newest model of its smartphone and pill device.
It began rolling out to gadgets this week, and colleague Sam Gibbs has already put the brand new device thru its paces with a five-star evaluate:
Lollipop is a whole visible overhaul of the usual Android glance, making it a miles smoother, extra coherent and hooked up enjoy – a large step up in comparison to earlier iterations of Google’s device.
Additionally it is sooner, lighter on battery and provides numerous what third-party producers have needed to manually bolt directly to their customised variations of Android.
Google’s weblog publish makes a speciality of the design sides of Lollipop, specifically the way in which its “subject matter design” goals to be “one constant design language versatile sufficient to span gadgets throughout cellular, desktop, and past”.
Is the corporate onto one thing? In case you’re the use of Lollipop already on a number of gadgets, how are you discovering it, and do you assume subject matter design will ship on Google’s guarantees?
What new options are taking a look most precious, and what do you want to peer added in long term updates? How do you assume Android Lollipop stacks up in comparison to Apple’s iOS eight? The feedback are open to your perspectives.
What else is at the generation radar nowadays? A couple of hyperlinks to chunk over:
- Social provider Ask.fm, which has confronted scrutiny over cyberbullying, is appointing a legislation enforcement affairs officer and offering additional information on how you can block and record customers and ‘problematic’ content material.
- Christies is making ready to public sale off the “simplest identified surviving Apple-1 documented to had been offered at once through Steve Jobs to a person from his oldsters’ storage”. Even if it’s possible you’ll want as much as $600,000 to nab it.
- US startup Paracosm for sure sounds bold: it’s raised $three.3m of investment to, in CEO Amir Rubin’s phrases, “take the virtual global past displays and permit machines to grasp the arena as we do, turning your lounge right into a holodeck”.
- Veteran generation website online CNET is launching… a print mag? Yep. A print mag. It’ll be quarterly with an preliminary print run of 200,000 copies and unique articles. “We’re seeking to make a commentary that we’re making an investment in print as a result of we predict it’s a viable approach to succeed in this target market…”
- In any case, a snapshot of cellular gaming in 2014, as King unearths that the soundtrack for its soon-to-launch Sweet Weigh down Soda Saga can be carried out through the London Symphony Orchestra. No information on whether or not the musicians stopped enjoying midway thru and demanded that King pay more cash, and so on and so on.
If in case you have perspectives at the tales above, or different hyperlinks to signify to the neighborhood, dive in underneath the road.