2. QB Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma (2,469 yards, 21 TDs, Three INTs passing; 801 yards, 13 TDs speeding). The Sooners quarterback had produced stellar numbers as a graduate switch. If the Sooners can get on a roll this month, it’s onerous to consider he received’t be a minimum of a Heisman finalist as long as he stays wholesome. (LW: 2)
Three. QB Justin Fields, Ohio State (1,659 yards, 24 TDs, 1 INT passing; 319 yards, nine TDs speeding). The Buckeyes face Maryland and Rutgers the following two weeks, which may well be excellent or unhealthy for Fields’s hopes. He will get a shot on the Large Ten’s two worst general defenses, however it’s cheap to marvel simply how lengthy he’ll be in to pad his numbers in opposition to both suffering workforce. (LW: Three)
Four. QB Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama (2,166 yards, 27 TDs, 2 INTs passing; 30 yards, 2 TDs speeding). Such a lot hinges now not on how smartly Tagovailoa performs, however whether or not he performs in any respect in opposition to LSU just about 3 weeks after present process ankle surgical operation. (LW: Four)
Five. DE Chase Younger, Ohio State (29 tackles, 15.Five tackles for losses, 13.Five sacks, Five pressured fumbles). Younger will sit down out Saturday’s sport in opposition to Maryland as a result of a imaginable NCAA factor. An multiweek absence would critically injury his probabilities of even changing into a Heisman finalist. (LW: Five)
6. RB Chuba Hubbard, Oklahoma State (1,604 yards, 18 TDs speeding; nine receptions for 40 yards). The Canadian had 20 carries for 223 yards and two touchdowns in ultimate week’s defeat of TCU. That’s 4 200-yard video games this season for Hubbard, who strikes up a place for his stellar appearing. (LW: 7)
7. QB Justin Herbert, Oregon (2,329 yards, 24 TDs, 2 INTs passing). Helped the Geese drop 56 issues on Southern Cal ultimate week. Herbert and Oregon (Eight-1, Five-1 Percent-12) are idle this weekend ahead of proceeding their playoff push in opposition to Arizona on Nov. 16. (LW: 6)
It’s that point once more
Past due October and early November yearly convey two reminders.
One is to set clocks again an hour again to plain time as sunlight saving time ends.
ESPN spent some huge cash for the rights to the playoff and the whole lot surrounding it, so it’s comprehensible why it could make a weekly industrial for its protection and plop the committee’s rating in the midst of the display as its centerpiece.
However that doesn’t imply everybody will have to agonize about it. To check: An undefeated power-conference workforce isn’t lacking the playoff (and if it by some means does, it’ll be a large nudge towards an expanded subject). A one-loss power-conference workforce may have an opportunity. A two-loss power-conference workforce will want a chaotic season (and most definitely a league identify, too) to have an opportunity.
With any other 4 common season Saturdays plus the week of convention championship video games, it’s nonetheless a lot to early to position an excessive amount of inventory within the committee’s opinion of an in-progress season.
5 with essentially the most at stake in Week 11
1. Minnesota. It’s showtime for the Eight-Zero Golden Gophers, whose loaded November agenda starts with a consult with from fellow unbeaten Penn State. There’s a robust case to be made Minnesota’s maximum spectacular victory so far got here in opposition to Illinois, which may well be extra sudden than the truth that P.J. Fleck’s workforce is undefeated.
The Gophers are nonetheless a believable playoff workforce, however they’ll be examined within the coming weeks. Penn State is most definitely the largest problem this month, and we’ll know much more about Minnesota’s rugged workforce through midafternoon Saturday.
2. Penn State. The Nittany Lions (Eight-Zero) are just a little extra examined than Minnesota, due to victories over Iowa, Michigan and Pittsburgh. All had been one-possession video games, however Penn State stays on target for what is usually a conflict of 10-Zero groups Nov. 23 at Ohio State.
After all, the Nittany Lions want to get via their travel to Minneapolis (and a date with Indiana subsequent week) for the assembly with the Buckeyes to stay one of the crucial month’s maximum hyped video games. That isn’t going to be simple.
3a. Alabama and 3b. LSU. Each SEC West powers have seemed the section during this season. Alabama has received all 8 of its video games through a minimum of 19 issues. LSU has had a couple of harder assessments (beating Texas through seven, Florida through 14 and Auburn through 3) but additionally handled a harder agenda.
Each the winner and the loser may have an obtrusive playoff trail. A 13-Zero SEC champion is a great guess to be the highest seed. However an 11-1 Alabama or LSU, in particular one with a detailed loss to the opposite, goes to have a case with the committee.
4a. Iowa and 4b. Wisconsin. It’s mainly a Large Ten West eliminator. Each groups are 6-2 total and Three-2 within the Large Ten, two video games again of Minnesota. And each nonetheless must play the Golden Gophers later this month. Wisconsin, which is coming off back-to-back losses after which an open date, has the home-field benefit on this one.
Five. Oklahoma. The Sooners don’t ceaselessly lose to Iowa State; it’s took place six occasions in 83 conferences, together with simply two times since 1961. However a kind of got here in Norman two years in the past, and the Cyclones (Five-Three, Three-2 Large 12) may derail Oklahoma’s playoff hopes. The Sooners (7-1, Four-1), who misplaced to Kansas State on Oct. 26 and had been off ultimate weekend, want to win out to stick in competition for a semifinal slot.