It’s little marvel the Samsung Galaxy S10 vary has proved so standard since its unencumber in spring 2019. Comprising 3 fashions, the Galaxy S10 vary boasts a hole-punch show, robust , and a few outstandingly flexible digicam tech.
However like any issues in lifestyles, it’s no longer best. Whether or not you’re rocking the Samsung Galaxy S10, the super-sized Galaxy S10 Plus, or the inexpensive (however nonetheless nice) Galaxy S10e, you’re prone to come throughout some issues and problems that make lifestyles along with your selected spouse slightly more difficult to take care of. However don’t fear, there are answers to maximum problems, and we’re right here to dig them out so you’ll prevent pulling your hair out. Listed below are one of the most maximum commonplace Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10e issues, and learn how to repair them.
Factor: Apps crash or Power Shut
A large factor that has plagued Galaxy S10 homeowners since release has been a undeniable instability the place apps are involved. It sort of feels that apps are at risk of crashing or throwing up a Power Shut error. This has took place with a wide array of apps, and has even been reported after the Android 11 replace. This isn’t simply a topic with the Galaxy S10, and different Galaxy smartphones have additionally showcased this mistake.
- One Reddit person claims resetting his app personal tastes labored for him. Head to Settings > Apps, then faucet the 3 dots within the top-right nook, and faucet Reset App Personal tastes.
- Different customers have reported updating to a brand new model of Android has fastened those issues. Head to Settings > Instrument Replace > Obtain and Set up to test if there are any updates in your smartphone.
- Any other recognized repair for apps crashing is to make sure you’re on the newest model of Android Device Webview. Test within the Play retailer that you simply’re working the latest model, or replace it then restart your software as soon as the replace has finished.
- After all, one person found out lacking knowledge was once the perpetrator at the back of a selected app’s crashes, and clearing the app’s knowledge helped to reset it to a running state. In the event you’re discovering a unmarried app appears to be having troubles, check out clearing its knowledge or uninstalling and reinstalling it. Head to Settings > Apps, to find the particular app and faucet it, after which make a choice Garage > Transparent Knowledge or Uninstall.
Drawback: Bother with fingerprint reader
It sort of feels some S10 customers have reported problems with the software’s fingerprint reader, consistent with threads at the XDA Builders discussion board. Customers are receiving error messages asking them to press more difficult at the reader, with some complaining that it most effective works round 20% of the time.
- Sadly, it doesn’t appear there’s a snappy repair for this. Problems with the fingerprint reader have been it appears addressed in updates, however for those who’re nonetheless experiencing issues, check out getting rid of your display screen protector and notice if it solves the problem.
- You might have considered trying to check out scanning a couple of other arms to peer which matches right for you. Many customers have reported luck with a complete thumbprint — and be sure you middle your thumb at the sensor, reasonably than scanning it from the aspect.
- It’s additionally value unticking the display screen sensitivity button, which you’ll to find through going to Settings > Show > Contact Sensitivity Transfer.
- On the other hand, chances are you’ll need to go back your telephone to the producer for a restore or substitute.
Factor: Bluetooth connection disappears whilst the display screen is off
A dropped Bluetooth connection may also be extraordinarily demanding, particularly if it disappears whilst you’re the usage of Bluetooth headphones or whilst you’re taking note of songs within the automotive. Sadly, a lot of S10 customers are complaining that their telephones are dumping their Bluetooth connections whilst they’re getting used, interrupting songs, podcasts, and contact calls.
Most of the people are discovering that whilst Bluetooth connects fantastic to start with, it disconnects randomly whilst the display screen is off, most effective to reconnect once more as soon as the telephone is woken up.
- The issue seems to stem from the telephone’s app optimization settings hanging apps to sleep whilst the display screen is off, without reference to whether or not it’s getting used or no longer.
- In case your drawback is with a selected app like Spotify, you’ll flip off optimization only for that app. To try this, head to Settings > Apps, then hit the 3 dots within the top-right and make a choice Particular Get admission to > Optimize Battery Utilization. Be sure the drop-down field on the height says All, then scroll down and untick Spotify or no matter app you’re the usage of.
- In case your drawback is with the Bluetooth connection to your automotive, then cross throughout the above approach and untick Bluetooth battery control from the Optimize Battery Utilization listing.
Drawback: Susceptible LTE connection
5G could also be the brand new hotness, however 4G remains to be the most productive community for many customers. Which makes it much more demanding when it doesn’t paintings. Rather a couple of customers are reporting their Galaxy S10 Plus has a susceptible 4G connection and is loading webpages and different content material extraordinarily slowly, whilst swapping between 4G and 3G. But it surely’s no longer simply a topic with the S10 Plus, as customers with the Galaxy S10 have reported the problem too.
One commonplace thread appears to be that lots of the units are the usage of Dash’s community, even though there are proceedings from different nations, so it will not be solely similar for your provider.
- Unfortunately, this factor has been round for the reason that S10’s vary was once launched, and customers are nonetheless reporting issues regardless of the discharge of a tool replace from Samsung that was once supposed to unravel issues. To manually test for any updates, head to Settings > Instrument Replace > Obtain and Set up.
- If the newest updates don’t make a distinction, it can be value talking for your provider to peer if they are able to unravel issues for you.
- Then again, there have been nonetheless other people complaining about this factor in April of 2020, so it might smartly nonetheless be a fashionable factor. If it’s actually bothering you, possibly imagine upgrading to a brand new telephone. Take a look at our listing of the most productive Samsung telephones, or the most productive smartphones (for those who fancy a metamorphosis).
Factor: Deficient battery lifestyles
With significantly greater batteries than earlier S-range flagships, the brand new Galaxy S10 vary boasts much-improved battery lifestyles. Then again, threads at the XDA Builders discussion board counsel some customers are experiencing battery drain even if they’re no longer the usage of their telephones, with some telephones shedding 30 % in their fee when left in a single day. This drawback most commonly impacts the Samsung Exynos chip-equipped variations of the S10 vary, which is maximum telephones out of doors of the U.S. Whilst the Exynos chips have historically observed worse battery efficiency than their American opposite numbers, this drawback is a ways too excessive to be a easy distinction between processors.
It sort of feels the issue might be two issues. The primary is a matter with the telephone’s proximity sensors, because of this the telephone’s display screen by accident activates whilst in a pocket or bag, expanding load at the battery. The second one factor is a malicious program that stops the telephone’s battery-saving sleep characteristic from kicking in after the telephone has finished a VoIP name on apps like Skype or WhatsApp. This 2d malicious program has been showed to simply be affecting Exynos S10 telephones.
In this day and age, there is not any resolution for both malicious program that may repair the issue solely. Thankfully, there are a few workarounds you’ll check out for each to lend a hand toughen efficiency in your software.
- To forestall the proximity sensor malicious program from affecting you, it’s perfect to show off your All the time On Show and Elevate to Wake.
- Head to Settings > Lock Display screen, and untick All the time On Show.
- Then cross to Settings > Complex Options > Motions and Gestures, and untick Elevate to Wake.
- Solving the a ways worse VoIP malicious program comes to not anything as everlasting. You need to restart your telephone after each VoIP name to transparent the malicious program and make allowance the deep sleep mode to kick in.
- On the other hand, it’s essential simply steer clear of such products and services, however taking into account it contains voice messages on apps like Fb Messenger, that may be slightly difficult.
- Take a look at our listing of tricks to save battery lifestyles, or, in case your telephone’s battery is solely growing old, imagine changing it.
When Samsung’s Galaxy Observe 7 gained a fiery recognition for its malfunctioning batteries, many of us started paying nearer consideration to the temperature in their units too. Samsung has addressed and stuck its problems with incendiary batteries; Then again, tech customers have nonetheless been left questioning whether or not their smartphone is at a “customary” warmth stage or no longer. Understandably, nobody needs their smartphone to move up in flames.
To transparent up some confusion— it’s customary to succeed in for smartphones, drugs, and laptops and spot that they’re heat to touch. That’s a in most cases same old reaction. Then again, Samsung’s fiery drawback turned into a ordinary factor for the corporate; In case your software is scorching so much or catches hearth, that isn’t customary. Samsung has skilled overheating problems with a number of of its units, together with the Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10e. Nearly all of customers dealing with this factor enjoy minor issues. Then again, some other people have confronted critical technical issues, like their telephones all of a sudden warming and fully depleting the battery.
- Some customers have reported updating to Android 11 has fastened their overheating problems. Remember to’re up to date through going to Settings > Instrument Replace > Obtain and Set up.
- There are a few simple fixes to stop overheating; stay your software clear of environmental elements that can reason the temperature to upward push. For instance, attempt to go away it out of the trail of direct daylight and don’t let it sit down in a sweltering car.
- Give your telephone a little bit of reduction through opting to run fewer apps concurrently. You’ll be able to additionally flip your telephone’s show brightness down a little bit. With those movements, for those who’re nonetheless noticing critical overheating, name Samsung or your supplier about receiving a substitute telephone.