Home / Latest Breaking News / Facebook says it removed 1.5M videos of the New Zealand mosque attack

Facebook says it removed 1.5M videos of the New Zealand mosque attack

Breaking Information Emails

Get breaking information signals and particular reviews. The inside track and tales that topic, delivered weekday mornings.

By way of Max Burman and Reuters

Fb got rid of 1.five million movies of the New Zealand taking pictures within the first 24 hours after the mosque assault, the corporate stated overdue on Saturday.

The suspect perceived to movie the taking pictures on a head-mounted digicam which was once live-streamed at the social community, renewing scrutiny over tech corporations’ function in society.

“Within the first 24 hours we got rid of 1.five million movies of the assault globally, of which over 1.2 million had been blocked at add,” Fb stated in a tweet.

The corporate stated it is usually putting off all edited variations of the video that don’t display graphic content material out of recognize for the folks suffering from the mosque taking pictures and the worries of native government.

“We proceed to paintings across the clock to take away violating content material the use of a mixture of generation and folks,” stated Mia Garlick of Fb New Zealand.

About thelatestbreakingnews

Check Also

ai and big data vs ethics how to make sure your artificial intelligence project is heading the right way - AI and big data vs ethics: How to make sure your artificial intelligence project is heading the right way

AI and big data vs ethics: How to make sure your artificial intelligence project is heading the right way

Information science abilities give Bloomberg a aggressive benefitCTO Shawn Edwards says robust AI capacity is …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *