On this episode of The Complete Nerd, Gordon Ung, Brad Chacos, Alaina Yee, and Adam Patrick Murray are joined via an excessively particular visitor. Radeon VP Scott Herkelman returns to reply to questions and dive deep into the Radeon RX 6800 and 6800 XT, two improbable graphics playing cards that compete with Nvidia’s high-end choices for the primary time in a very long time.
Scott doesn’t shy clear of answering our—and your—questions. He stocks insights into how the Radeon RX 6000-series got here to be, why those new GPUs carry out best possible with AMD’s superb new Ryzen 5000 processors, and extra. Scott additionally supplies data you received’t to find in a normal evaluate, equivalent to:
- Promising that ray tracing shall be incorporated right through all the Radeon RX 6800-series product stack
- Extra details about FidelityFX Tremendous Answer, AMD’s deliberate DLSS competitor
- How the Ryzen and Radeon groups labored in combination to make the RX 6000-series higher
- What AMD is doing to extend availability and save you scalper bots from purchasing those graphics playing cards, and why it’s so exhausting to gauge call for for fanatic merchandise in 2020.
- Extra element into what Sensible Get entry to Reminiscence in truth is, the hurdles concerned with imposing it, and that AMD wouldn’t block rival Nvidia graphics playing cards from running with Ryzen processors if GeForce embraces the generation
- Why having aggressive enthusiast-class graphics playing cards issues for the entire Radeon RX 6000-series lineup
- The loss of life of blower-style reference playing cards
- How a lot freedom AMD’s companions can have with their customized board and PCB designs
- No, Sapphire does now not design and bring the reference PCB
- …and a complete lot extra
You don’t wish to pass over it.
Scott sticks round for a complete hour fielding questions and losing wisdom. After he leaves, we proceed on with our personal Radeon RX 6800-series evaluate impressions as Brad slowly descends into darkness. And as at all times, we fielded questions from you, our audience, listeners, and Discord participants.
You’ll be able to witness all of it within the video embedded above. You’ll be able to additionally watch The Complete Nerd episode 158 on YouTube (subscribe to the channel whilst you’re there!) or concentrate to it on Soundcloud if you happen to favor the audio by myself.
Talking of audio, you’ll subscribe to The Complete Nerd in iTunes (please go away a evaluate if you happen to benefit from the display). We’re additionally on Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, or you’ll level your favourite podcast-savvy RSS reader to: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/customers/soundcloud:customers:226190044/sounds.rss
Have a PC- or gaming-related query? E-mail email@example.com and we’ll check out to reply to it within the subsequent episode. You’ll be able to additionally sign up for the PC-related discussions and ask us questions about The Complete Nerd’s Discord server. After all, you should definitely observe PCWorld on Fb, YouTube, and Twitch to look at long term episodes reside and pick out our brains in actual time!