Home / Latest Breaking News / US does not seek war with Iran, says Mike Pompeo

US does not seek war with Iran, says Mike Pompeo

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov shake handsSymbol copyright
EPA

Symbol caption

Mr Pompeo (left) and Mr Lavrov held talks within the Russian town of Sochi

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has stated the USA does no longer search a struggle with Iran, amid rising tensions between the 2 international locations.

Talking in Russia, Mr Pompeo vowed to stay pressuring Iran to act like a “standard nation”.

Tensions have escalated after 4 tankers had been broken off the United Arab Emirates on Sunday.

US investigators consider Iran or teams it helps had been concerned however no proof of Iran’s function has emerged.

Mr Pompeo, who held talks with Russia’s International Minister Sergei Lavrov within the Russian town of Sochi, stated the United States “essentially” didn’t search a struggle with Iran.

“Now we have additionally made transparent to the Iranians that if American pursuits are attacked, we will be able to maximum indubitably reply in an acceptable type.”

Amongst different problems mentioned:

  • Mr Pompeo stated he had prompt Russia to finish its improve for President Nicolás Maduro in Venezuela however Mr Lavrov rejected this, announcing the United States threats towards Mr Maduro had been undemocratic
  • He additionally stated he had warned Russia towards interference within the subsequent US presidential election, in 2020
  • Describing the talks as “frank and helpful”, Mr Lavrov stated he was hoping that tumult over allegations of Russian affect in US elections would die down

What concerning the incident within the Gulf?

Few main points were launched concerning the incident, which is claimed to have taken position early on Sunday inside of UAE territorial waters within the Gulf of Oman, east of the emirate of Fujairah.

4 industrial ships have been centered in a “sabotage assault” close to Fujairah port, simply out of doors the Strait of Hormuz, the UAE overseas ministry stated.

There have been no casualties however Saudi Arabia stated two of its ships had suffered “vital injury”. Any other tanker used to be Norwegian-registered whilst the fourth used to be reportedly UAE-flagged.

US army investigators came upon huge holes in all the ships and consider they had been brought about by way of explosive fees, the Related Press reported quoting an unnamed authentic. They didn’t give an explanation for how the wear and tear used to be related to Iran.

A planned try to building up tensions?

When compared with earlier assaults on transport within the Heart East – the usCole in 2000, the Limburg tanker in 2002 and newer assaults off Yemen – the wear and tear executed to 4 tankers off the UAE coast on Sunday is minimum.

There was no oil spillage, no flames and no casualties. However the timing is each suspicious and threatening.

Whoever performed this assault may hardly ever were blind to the emerging tensions within the Gulf, with the United States dispatching further forces to the area. It might seem that the nameless wrongdoer used to be intentionally looking to ratchet up that rigidity, perhaps frightening a struggle.

Whilst Saudi Arabia and the UAE have stopped wanting blaming their adversary, Iran, US officers have reportedly stated this is the place their suspicions lie. However Iran has condemned the assault as “dreadful” and a parliamentary spokesman stated Iranian suspicions fell on Israel.

What has the response been?

Iran, which denies any involvement within the incident within the Gulf, has referred to as for a complete investigation, describing the incident as “worrisome”.

“God prepared we will be able to go this tough duration with glory and our heads held top, and defeat the enemy,” Iranian President Hassan Rouhani advised a gathering with clerics on Monday, announcing the rustic used to be “too nice to be intimidated by way of any person”.

Media playback is unsupported in your tool

Media captionUS particular consultant for Iran: ‘We aren’t taking a look to get right into a struggle’

On Tuesday, US President Donald Trump pushed aside a New York Instances file suggesting the army had plans to ship as much as 120,000 troops to the Heart East must Iran assault US forces there or boost up paintings on nuclear guns.

“Now we have no longer deliberate for that. Confidently we are not going to have to devise for that. And if we did that, we might ship a hell of much more troops than that,” Mr Trump stated an afternoon after caution Iran that it will “endure very much” if it did anything else.

America has in the past warned that “Iran or its proxies” might be focused on maritime site visitors within the area and, in fresh days, deployed warships to counter “transparent indications” of threats from the rustic.

Iran pushed aside the allegation as nonsense.

Previous, Iranian-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen stated that they had performed drone assaults on a significant Saudi oil pipeline. Saudi Arabia’s power minister described the incident as an act of terrorism.

About thelatestbreakingnews

Check Also

Bitcoin Futures Update: Bakkt Testing, CME Breaks Records, and a $100K Call Option

Over the previous few months, the hobby surrounding cryptocurrency derivatives merchandise has been rising speedy. …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *