Firefighters spent greater than 15 hours tackling a blaze at Warner Bros studios.
Crews have been known as to the web page in Leavesden, Hertfordshire, at 23:29 BST on Wednesday.
The council stated the set concerned was once no longer getting used on the time and there have been no reported accidents.
All 8 Harry Potter motion pictures in addition to different motion pictures together with James Bond, Rapid and Livid and the Undertaking Unattainable franchises have filmed on the studios.
The hearth provider showed in a while ahead of 15:00 on Thursday the fireplace was once out, even if some crews stay on the scene.
A spokesman for Warner Bros stated the fireplace had happened on a legitimate degree getting used for the tv manufacturing Road five, however all productions have been in a position to proceed running.
Road five is an HBO house tourism comedy by way of The Thick of It author Armando Iannucci.
He thanked the firefighters who’ve “been running tirelessly all through the evening” and despatched his “ideas to the citizens within the space who have been disturbed by way of the evening’s occasions”.
Mark Hancock, who lives within sight, stated: “My home is most effective about 200m clear of the fringe fence and we have now a transparent line of sight over gardens so we controlled to peer it out one among our home windows.
“The smoke went top into the air, and as I watched, the smoke perceived to get thicker, such a lot in order that shall we see the flashing lighting of the fireplace engines reflecting off the thick smoke.
“It was once nonetheless going sturdy at about 1am and once I awoke this morning it was once nonetheless smouldering.”
He added there was once a “sturdy scent and style of smoke within the air”.
On the scene
By way of Alex Pope, BBC Information
Because the studio is a closed set no-one can get as regards to the scene.
The studio backs directly to a housing property from the place you’ll be able to scent a faint burning odour.
A lady who lives there instructed me she was once woken up by way of a robust scent at about middle of the night and her canine was once barking and “he by no means barks”.
“The scent was once so sturdy I assumed it was once coming from the home,” she stated.
Any other resident stated she spoke to a firefighter this morning who instructed her it was once “a vital hearth”.
A Hertfordshire Fireplace and Rescue Carrier spokesman showed 15 crews have been despatched to the scene when the fireplace broke out. That later larger to 18.
He stated an aerial ladder was once used in addition to 12 units of respiring equipment.
Police additionally needed to shut off Bridge Highway in Leavesden to permit the fireplace provider to run a hose from the within sight canal to the web page of the fireplace at its peak.